About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Sunday 16 April 2023

Return to Snuff Mills

We've had a lot of rain lately, so it wasn't really a surprise to see the River Frome this high as it barrelled through its gorge in Bristol.




The flow was so fast and fierce in places that I was glad Cwtch doesn't care to get wet. 


dog violets






There were a couple of young girls in the river on one of the quieter stretches. Their mothers were there watching, but even so, it was a bit of a worry. 





Cwtch in stitchwort


I kept half an eye open for kingfishers - and maybe even otters, or beavers - but instead we got ravens, which are hardly a disappointment. 



wood anemones


blackthorn


Not too close, Cwtch!



Although spring has yet to flood the Frome Valley, it's greening up nicely. 


'CLIFF'




No comments:

Post a Comment