About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Monday 24 September 2018

Sickle Moon Bridge


I tell myself I hate winter, I dread it, that I'd be better off hibernating through the dark months. And there's truth in this, though actually high summer can be challenging too - in fact, sometimes the lack of night makes me feel like I'm going a bit mad. So the equinoxes are probably my best, calmest times of the year. (Maybe they bring a little balance to my often out-of-kilter Libran scales.) 

If asked, I would say that I love the vernal equinox best, the cusp of the light half of the year, with all the promise of another spring to come. But inside I'm autumnal, always have been. If it's not actually leaf-fall, then I'm waiting for it. 

Here's an equinoctial photo I took of a bridge over a disused canal and the sun - or rather the reflection of the sun and the reflection of the reflection of the sun. Which turns out somehow to be the moon.  I think it's has something to do with being in that moment of balance. Embracing the dark because without it, there's no light.





No comments:

Post a Comment