About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Monday 22 June 2015

Midsummer Night in Badock's Wood

It's been a while since I went down to the wood.   


There's been a fair bit of carving going on down there in the meantime. I love it. 







As it often does this time of year, the Trym had dwindled to a trickle. Which makes it almost a winterbourne, which just happens to be one of my favourite words. 
Hard to believe it cut down through rock to form this mini gorge back in the Ice Age. 
Nevertheless, Ted was able to sniff out some water to splash in. Like many border collies, his nose doubles as a dowsing rod. 
  

 

 The trees were still dancing, however ... 
... Boggis the root was waiting for midnight to stand up and walk around ...


... and above the cleave, the bronze age chieftain stirred briefly in his tump and started snoring again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment