About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 4 June 2015

Heritage Blues Orchestra


Urban living has its disadvantages, but if you have no choice, well, Bristol isn't a bad city to find yourself in, at least not as far as culture is concerned.  Last night after the Poetry Can board meeting, it was off to St George's next door to see the Heritage Blues Orchestra.  Hard to pick a stand out moment with a band comprised of virtuosos in their particular field, though I have to say I particularly enjoyed the harmonica playing by Vincent Bucher.  Here's one he prepared earlier.


And amongst a constellation of songs, this next one was very shiny also.  Love Chaney Sims.








No comments:

Post a Comment