About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Saturday 23 November 2013

Late November at Arnos Vale

Arnos Vale Cemetery was laid out as an Arcadian landscape in 1837.  Now the landscape has taken over.  






My grandparents' and infant uncle's grave, now beginning to sink (and yes, I really should go back and do some weeding ... )


Even the leaves are condemned; they all have the Black Spot.

Looking across to the Chhatri of Raja Rammohun Roy, who died of meningitis on a visit to Bristol.

But it's not poetry, is it?
'Happy are those who see beauty in hidden places where others see none ... '


No comments:

Post a Comment