About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Sunday 17 March 2024

Old friends at Ashton Court

A walk with old friends. And I do mean old - or rather, of very long standing, having first encountered one in our first year at secondary school, two at primary school and one at nursery school. And where better to meet them for a walk than among the ancient and venerable trees of Ashton Court. 




In the fallow deer park






The Domesday Oak








Back past the fallow deer


A view of Bristol, with Freezing Hill and Kelston Roundhill in the distance, framed by giant sequoia 


With so much catching up to do, I was really surprised to see how far we'd walked. And at least trees were obliging enough not to move off as they heard us approaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment