About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 7 December 2023

Frost and mist and fire


There have been other frosty days this winter, but on Saturday there was mist too, and any grumpiness we were experiencing (having waited in all day for builders who didn't turn up), dissolved in a cauldron of frost, mist and sunset when we finally got out for a walk. 


Stars of the show were the hogweed seedheads ...





... along with crazily crocheted cobwebs ...





... and the melting driftiness of it all, that sent me into some sort of delirium and quite made me forget the bloody b*ilders.













The next day was wet and dank and we'd definitely come back through the wardrobe, but with photos to prove it really had been that beautiful. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment