About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Friday 31 December 2021

Mind the Gap

The year ended with one last trip to Brighton to drop my post-Covid daughter back home following our Yule festivities. It was another murky day. 

We watched a cormorant dive and surface and then dive again in the Marina, and pottered about on the westernmost end of Ovingdean Beach for a bit. 


I picked up a few tiny bits of sea glass, a couple of the topshells my mother liked, a hagstone and what looks to me like it might be a fossil echinoid of some description, but I'm just guessing really. 


Most of my trips this last year - when I've been able to make them - have been for family reasons, and not always happy ones. I'm hoping there might be jollier visits to Sussex, and that it will be possible to enjoy a few walking and poetry jaunts over the coming twelve months as well.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment