About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Tail Feathers from Storm Ciara

I love Frome. Have I mentioned that before? I think I have. 


Last night we arrived in good time for the Frome Poetry Cafe, which is held in the Garden Cafe on Stoney Street, so I went for a wander with my fellow guest-reader, Dominic Fisher, and our partners, up Catherine Hill to the Valentine Lamp.


Sheppards Barton


The rebel in me would love to retire to Frome one day. After all, it's hardly a level walk to the shops. 


The Garden Cafe was full of people and light and poetry, which was a wonderful thing given we were still riding the tail feathers of Storm Ciara.


Crysse had chosen as the theme of the evening 'New Beginnings, Green Shoots' and it made for an uplifting, hope-filled evening to set against the dismal time we've been having lately.

And it's always good to catch up with, and listen to, poetry friends from outside Bristol. 

B Anne Adriaens


Oh, so that's what's in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction ... Moira Andrews' poems.


Kate Semple


Mike Grenville


Dominic Fisher

Photo by Dave Goodman



Photo by Dave Goodman


Snow moon and street light

No comments:

Post a Comment