About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Poems, Pints and a Harvest Moon

The  full Super Harvest moon in Pisces looked stunning over Bath last night.  This is Dru's photo of it.  I'd left my camera at home as I'd been  focused on getting to my poetry reading at Poetry & A Pint in St James's Wine Vaults without forgetting the folder of poems that I was reading from.  (I have actually done that before now and had to wing it, which I don't recommend unless you're a poet of a rather more performery persuasion who doesn't need written prompts anyway.)

No such basic errors last night, which was as well as I was reading alongside Rachael Clyne, who has acted professionally and Knows. Her. Stuff.  She a pretty good poet too, so I was very pleased to be on the same bill.  
Our poems do seem to converse quite well, so we hope to do some more readings together over the coming months.  

Here's another of Dru's photos of our latest collections together on NB Eve, now moored above Caen Hill Locks.  

And if you're based in the Bath area and fancy reading your poetry to an appreciative audience - or simply like listening to the stuff - get thee along to next month's Poetry & A Pint, presided over by former Bard of Bath, Richard Carder.  It's been running since 1986 and is an excellent evening out.  



No comments:

Post a Comment