About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 22 May 2014

Another Place (Or Crossing Things Off Lists)


I have a fairly-modest-in-terms-of-location-but-ambitiously-long list of places I need to see before I die.  Another Place, Antony Gormley's installation on Crosby beach was somewhere I thought I might well not get to see, being too far from base camp for a day trip, but lo! when in Liverpool, go down to the sea and hope there'll be another opportunity one day to visit the Walker Art Gallery and the Tate.  (Both on said list but further down.)  

Oh and I am so glad we did.  



Another Place is interactive. 
Sometimes people play tricks.

Sometimes the shifting sands do the same. 

 

You can stand alongside and see what they see ... 





... contemplate the sublime ...  
... but actually, what I liked best was that with them on the look-out, you could free your mind from watchfulness and take it to ... well, another place.

I imagine you could go to Another Place a hundred times and each time it would be different. And maybe it is foolish to seek to cross anywhere off a list.  I would say just go - and be prepared to acknowledge you might have to make a return visit. 












 

No comments:

Post a Comment