About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Thursday 3 October 2013

Map Reading For Beginners (and a Poem for National Poetry Day 2013)


So lovely to get an email from my publisher, Ronnie Goodyer of Indigo Dreams yesterday, saying that my second poetry collection, Map Reading for Beginners, will be published by them in 2014.  I've had a lot of good fortune these last few weeks regarding poetry, with my reading at the Arnolfini as part of Bristol Poetry Festival still to come on Saturday night.  It's all been very exciting. 

And as it's National Poetry Day today and the theme is water, here's a link to a watery poem of mine, which will be in the above collection.  Have a great day, every poet - go forth and metaphorify!

The cover illustration © Dru Marland 2013  is also available as a print here.


No comments:

Post a Comment