About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Fetch: A Dog's Tail

Will lost my new ball in the hedge yesterday so on our way to Purdown, Mum bought me a new one.  Couldn't wait to play with it though she hung about taking pictures of stuff.






I had to make do with chasing a squirrel while I was waiting for her.Dunno why they're called dog roses, I'm far more interested in my ball and why she isn't throwing it!  


Snrrrgh  schngomf thwrpp


How can I fetch it when I can't fecking find it?




Mum, you're going to lose this ball if you're not careful.
I'm feeling pretty seedy now, actually.


Now look what you've done!










You're kidding? Right in?










Schlurp schlumpf schlurble






Schloooorgle  fnnnnp








Schnlurrrrrrrrrrrr


I'm not really German, you know.




Home? Already? Can we stop off and buy a new ball on the way?





3 comments:

  1. Ted is quite the wag! So is Mum, no doubt. Love her "pictures of stuff" -- mostly of Ted, of course, but that first one with the flowered-bonnet lady (which is it?) in the foreground and what looks like a river snaking in the background (but probably isn't) may be over his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers are fancy escapee poppies in the foreground and dog roses behind. There is a river in the valley but it's completely obscured by trees. The shiny silvery patches are what look like warehouse roofs.

      Delete
  2. Fancy escapee poppies indeed! Bless the dog roses too (Ted might not). Yes, there is always a river in the valley, isn't there? But the Potemkin river of warehouse roofs (roof, roof), is what obscures the real river.

    ReplyDelete