About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Sunday 22 January 2012

Barrington Court in October

January's so dark it saps the soul. This winter I've surrounded myself with SAD lamps, which do help but even so it's a slog to get through each day.  I think I must be have been a hedgehog in a past life. To make matters worse, apart from a hobble around New Passage and Clevedon, I haven't been anywhere outside of the city in ages, having sprained my ankle just before Christmas.  I was told to bind it up and walk on it as much as possible and left A&E clutching a catering pack of Ibuprofen.  Then it turned out that I had an ulcer and the rest is agony ...

So, I've decided to brighten things up by posting some photos of my 50th birthday trip to lovely Barrington Court in Somerset, back in October, courtesy of my friends, Julie and Alison.  Quirkiness and colour.  Just the job for the dreary time of year.   











2 comments:

  1. badger baiting? -odd little stained glass pic there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it. There is another roundel in the same style, with men hunting foxes armed with crossbows. They're beautifully painted - so full of life. It's just a shame the subject matter's taboo.

    ReplyDelete