About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Friday 18 November 2011

All I want for Christmas ...


A gorgeous, late Autumn day yesterday. Leaves on trees by Bristol Bridge caught the light like stained glass.


I sat for a while in the grounds of Temple Church, the tower of which looked as if it were gradually melting in the sunshine.


It's been a while since I'd walked through the Bearpit in the Haymarket. I really like the murals, right by the walkway to Broadmead Shopping Centre ...


...and the nod to Keats as I left, empty-handed. (I was only passing through.)  


I can think of one link between Christmas shopping and poetry - and you won't even have to brave your equivalent of Broadmead to get your hands on them ...

2 comments:

  1. Temple Church is awesome, but I feel sad that it was never repaired after it was bombed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story that sappers thought that German bombs had caused the tower to lean and that it was unsafe after the church had been bombed and should be pulled down. They had to be persuaded that its toppling appearance was not the result of enemy action, but that it had leaned five foot out of perpendicular since 1460.

    ReplyDelete