About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Dead Creatures

Concern has been expressed for the nearly dead rabbit I encountered last week, and indeed, at the time I had a little weep.

Whereas two days earlier, this dead rat had evinced a small shriek of horror. Funny how deep these ancient dreads run, to the point of being reflex actions.  

3 comments:

  1. But why are folks shrieking fearful of benign creatures?

    Miss reading you more often, Deb.

    My second boxer, Tina, may have lung cancer and she lost the use of her hind legs. She's not even 8. Her sister, Frida, died of lymphoma in Feb. I'm bereft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Donna, this is a terribe thing to hear, I am so sorry - dogs don't live long enough, its true, but this is ill-starred indeed. Sending you strongest love. Please keep writing through this XXXXXXX

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, spelling and grammar gone to pot but you know what I mean. Much love xx

      Delete