About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Ratepayers' Cherry Vodka



You will need:

about 2lbs of municipal cherries  (I get mine from a tree in the park. There's still loads left.)

about 1 lb of sugar (except I use less because I like it to taste a bit tart.)

10 fl oz of water

2 x 70 cl bottles of the cheapest vodka you can find

Make slits in the cherries. Put them in a pot, add sugar and water, bring to the boil and simmer gently for a few minutes until softened.

Divide cherries and liquid into two Kilner jars. (I use cheaper equivalent.)  Top each one up with vodka, seal when cool and leave for a minimum of 4 weeks.  (Or longer.)

And there you have Ratepayers' Cherry Vodka - except in my case this is a bit of a misnomer as the park is just within the Bristol boundary and my house is a few doors inside South Gloucestershire so they're actually even freer than that. 

Drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment