About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Saturday 5 June 2021

Road trip to Nottingham

I went on a road trip to Nottingham to see my mother yesterday - the first proper visit since last August, with only a flying visit on my birthday last October, when she was down in the West Country for my uncle's funeral. I lived near my parents for most of my life, and so don't have missed time to make up for, but nonetheless, it's hard when your close relatives are old and time is limited anyway, without a pandemic to contend with.  

We had a good day, though, and when I was leaving and she got tearful, I could remind her that she's having a short break in Weston next week, courtesy of my niece and her partner, and I'll be bringing her sisters down from Bristol to see her, God help me, so that was OK. 






No comments:

Post a Comment