About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Friday 8 January 2021

Not going anywhere

So how far can we go to exercise? The Scots have been told they're allowed to drive up to five miles outside their local authority area. But people in Derbyshire have been arrested and issued with fixed penalty notices for driving five miles within their area to walk around a reservoir. The police were waiting for them there. 

In the absence - again - of any meaningful information from our government, here are some photos from a visit to Eastville Lake before Christmas, for Cwtch to see swans and ducks and so on. It's more than five miles from where we live, so presumably it's out-of-bounds now as we'd have to drive to get there and neither of us had the foresight to be Dominic Cummings.


Are you sure this is a good idea?


                    First heron


Second heron 


Gulls


Is that thing coming over here?

I'm not sure this is a good idea ...



You stay there and I'll stay here ...


Am I safer on here?


Oh good, let's go home!


1 comment:

  1. Oh SO lovely...I could gobble him up! Cwtch that is...not Colin, obvs <3

    ReplyDelete