About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Monday 30 June 2014

Raising Awareness and Money for Rape Crisis

Here is a vlog of my daughter raising awareness and money for Rape Crisis by having her head shaved in public last week, on the anniversary of the day she was raped four years ago.  (Her hair is being donated to the Little Princess Trust to make a wig for a child with cancer.) 

And here is my other daughter, also a survivor, doing the shaving. 

I was proud of them both before.  Now I'm nearly bursting.   



Here is a link to the blog that tells the story, and another to Jennifer's Justgiving page.  If she can do this, then odds are you who are reading this can make a donation, even if it's just a very small one - it all helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment