About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Sunday 18 December 2022

A Bristol Newfoundland


Another sub-zero morning on Friday, in which the bedroom window was frozen shut and could only be opened with a mighty heave. 


I was lucky enough to be teaching a poetry group in town, which meant I got to see Bristol's floating harbour in this winter's freeze. (I've seen it float on a raft of mist before, but never ice.)


 A frosty John Cabot ... 


... surveying this new found land, with the replica of Matthew in ice


Pero's bridge


St Augustine's Reach, looking north ...


... and south


 College Green


I wondered whether there might have been a bit of a thaw by the early afternoon, as I retraced my route to car park, but there was little sign of one.



Sunlight spotlights on a tree ... 


... and stained glass in the cathedral


The leadworks chimney and Bristol wheel




Stranded ferries on Narrow Quay



Prince Street bridge from Mud Dock


Looking over to Redcliff Wharf

'What's colder than ice? Death, evidently. Pass, pigeon.'


A frozen sunset to end the day at Cribbs Causeway Asda



No comments:

Post a Comment