About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Luck be a Ladye

I felt I deserved a treat after dropping my entire life with no notice at all and spending a week stewing over my disabled son's PIP review form, so after the Northerner had listened to the League One Play-Off Final - don't ask - we headed to Ladye Bay, just north of Clevedon, for an hour. 




Cliff path


Ladye Bay from the cliff path


Clevedon Pier



Peering through the haze towards Newport ...


... and over to Cardiff


fossil


The bay looking south


Setting sun



Comfrey on the cliff path


Ladye Bay is one of those places where you can feel the stress draining out of you and into the ground, and it's only a few miles down the road. What a piece of luck. 






No comments:

Post a Comment