About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Saturday 21 January 2023

In which I get a cerstificut ...

 ... and an academic transcript, but still have to wait to flounce around in a cloak and hat.


It's five years today since my father died. I suspect he'd have shown off to other people about his daughter's achievement, though to me he'd have said 'Why don't you write something that will make you some money, like that Rowling woman?'

The reason I know this is because it's what he did say, on a different occasion. Of course, Rowling had yet to come out as a transphobe back then. As it is, I'll take poetry and solidarity with my trans friends, thanks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment