About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Wednesday 5 June 2019

Watching the coming of spring

I spent quite a few mornings in the Stapleton area of Bristol earlier this spring, waiting. And rather than waiting in a draughty foyer, trying to read while people bowled in and out through the adjacent double doors, or sitting freezing in the car, I decided to wait while walking along the River Frome, hunkered in its valley down steep-walled lanes


It's a part of Bristol I wasn't that familiar with, and I loved getting to know it a little. Then, at the beginning of February, I found myself by the lake in Eastville Park, which I hadn't visited since childhood, and after that I was hooked, heading there every week, just to see how spring was progressing.


And now that it's nearly summer and my routines have shifted and I don't have to go there anymore, it's time for a little look back. 

Canada geese not fooled by doggo in disguise



including yet another dreadful photo of a kingfisher ...








No comments:

Post a Comment