Two parts sugar to one part water is the recipe - any more water and the bee might drown.
Serve promptly on a plate or spoon. (I had to go a bit Uri Geller on my spoon to get it to balance properly.)
As soon as I put it down, the bee started to waggle its front leg in the air, but was too exhausted to move, so I shifted the spoon towards it instead. It tucked in for a while, and then withdrew for a bit of a wash and brush up.
By the time it returned for seconds, a woodlouse had sneaked in ahead, but the bee was clearly a generous soul and didn't seem bothered.
I didn't let them see the mug I'd mixed the sugar solution in, mind. Nor the actual dog, who was safely shut in the back garden.
After a while, the woodlouse lumbered off and the bee started to jack itself up like one of those ridiculous American truck things.
I decided to leave it to its own devices for a bit.
Twenty minutes later it was crawling around and looking lively.
Twenty minutes after that it was gone.