About Me

My photo
Bristol , United Kingdom
I'm co-director of the Leaping Word Poetry Consultancy, which provides advice for poets on writing, editing and publishing, as well as qualified counselling support for those exploring personal issues in their work - https://theleapingword.com. My fifth poetry collection, Learning Finity, is now available from Indigo Dreams or directly from me.

Friday 8 February 2013

Warm Earth


So ... erm ... before I was so rudely interrupted by the arrival of 'Dart' (a relief really, seeing as how the launch is only a week away), I was talking about my local wood and how spring is beginning to shoulder its way out into the open.  Here's a poem I wrote about the wood at the cusp of winter and spring three years ago.   


Warm Earth

Before celandines
fasten their buttons

before anemones
embroider themselves

the scent of warm earth
and a charge of wild garlic

shocks the woodland
from its trance

fires the sap in limbs still
callipered by winter



©Deborah Harvey 2010, 2013








1 comment: