Friday, 20 June 2014

St Michael's Art Exhibition, Flax Bourton, 21st and 22nd June 2014

Outside St Michael's Church in Flax Bourton my eye was caught by pink and green sycamore keys ... 


... and a delicate spray of oak carved on this altar tomb which was splashed with lichen and sunlight.



Inside ... 



 ... it was even sunnier ...


This piece is called Out of the Forest (Under the Same Sun) and it is by Adrienne Hughes, with whom I was at school - ooh, longer ago than I care to recall ...


I was there to set up my part of the art exhibition which is happening this weekend, Saturday 21st from 10.30am to 4pm, and Sunday 22nd from 12 - 4pm.  


Here's some of my stuff that will be on show (and also for sale).   





Finding myself alone in the church, I had a wander around the rest of the exhibition.  Here is some more of Adrienne's work. 



Here's just some of the artists who are represented.  

Alex Davis ...



     ... Debbie Smith ...




  













   ... Debi Holland ...



    ... and Candida Corcoran

















I love these stylised avocets by Stephen Lisney of Damson Tree Press .  (Apologies re reflections on glass.)  

There is also some stunning feltwork by Jo Heinrich, which, for some reason, I didn't manage to photograph very well, and more ... 

... so, if you are in the area, do stop by.  Flax Bourton is only six miles from the centre of Bristol on the Long Ashton bypass and with the World Cup on, the roads will likely be quiet.  Plus, with work of this variety to look at (and buy), it's guaranteed to be less disappointing ...  











2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. The exhibition looks stunning doesn't it? Love your glass stars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo - I was really sorry that my photos of your work didn't do it justice. See you tomorrow!

      Delete